Traffic Tracker

Sunday 7 January 2018

I'm still here...

I love scrolling through old blogs. The ones that have been forgotten by their creators. I like to imagine where the person was when they made their blog, and why they stopped posting. Usually there's some variation of the following: "New to this! Not quite sure what to write here, but here I am! Gonna update this semi-regularly with the goings on of my life! Stay tuned :)"

That makes me think about their lives. What was their life like at that moment? Was it worth chronicling? Were they bored? Happy? Sad? Depressed? -- And, invariably, I wonder where they are now, and what they're doing, and who they're with, and if they're happy. Do they remember their blog? Do they remember their intent to share their life with the world? I doubt it. 

The whole exercise makes me feel profoundly lost. It reminds me of the sea of humanity; so many minds jostling around, eager for attention; willing to share and wanting to be validated. 

Do you think about me, readers? Do you wonder where I am and who I'm with, and whether I am happy or sad? I wonder all of these things about you. The socket-less eyes that eat my words. I hope you're happy.


2 comments:

  1. I am here. ready to build. hugo was subtle and incisive with his words: "whirlpool of my sin".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Build away, friend! I, too, "Stare into the void."

      Delete